A person with a wholehearted desire to ascend the peak of knowledge and a highly self-motivated, creative, energetic and enthusiastic graduate with a basic knowledge of research and development. Able to use own initiative and work as part of a team under pressure.
II. Personal Information
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : +8801723735171
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Khulna University of Engineering and Technology (KUET), Bangladesh
Higher Secondary Certificate
- Notre Dame College, Dhaka
Secondary School Certificate
- Rohanpur A.B. government high school, ChapaiNawabgonj
IV. Research Interests
- Artificial Intelligence, Neural Network
- Genetic Algorithm, Evolutionary Algorithm
- Robotics, Image Processing
- Software Engineering, Web Engineering, Mobile Computing,
V. Undergraduate Thesis
- Title: Bangladeshi Sign Language Recognition Employing Neural Network Ensemble
- Co-Authors: Md. KibriaSiddiquee, Dr. Kazi Md. RokibulAlam
- Supervisor: Dr. Kazi Md. RokibulAlam,
- Professor, Computer Science and Engineering,
- Khulna University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh.
- Description: This research proposes a Bangladeshi sign language recognizer (BdSLR), an initiative to recognize sign language of Bangladeshi deaf and mute (D&M) people. Although all over the world, the D&M people are a part of the community, the communication between the general and the D&M people becomes tough when interaction is required. Moreover in different races, the D&M people use different sign languages. In this regard BdSLR has been developed that can interpret Bangladeshi sign language into Bengali text and vice versa. In BdSLR, the inputs of Bangladeshi sign language have been taken by webcam and later on recognized by efficient Neural Network Ensemble (NNE). Without any major modification, BdSLR can be used as an interpreter for the sign languages of other races. In the Proposed BdSLR the use of an efficient NNE technique converges the training time faster and recognizes with good generalization ability.
- Comment: Published in IJCA(0975 – 8887)
- Kazi Md. RokibulAlam, Bikash Chandra Karmokar, Md. KibriaSiddiquee, “A comparison of constructive and pruning algorithms to design neural networks”, Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE), ISSN : 0976-5166 Vol. 2 No. 3 Jun-Jul 2011
- Bikash Chandra Karmokar, Kazi Md. RokibulAlam, Md. KibriaSiddiquee, “An intelligent approach to recognize touchless written Bengali characters”, International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV), ISSN: 2226-2105, 2012, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Bikash Chandra Karmokar, Kazi Md. RokibulAlam, Md. KibriaSiddiquee, “Bangladeshi Sign Language Recognition Employing Neural Network Ensemble”, International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 58, issue 16, pp. 43-46, 2012.
- Tonny Shekha Kar, M. A. Parvez Mahmud, Shahjadi Hisan Farjana, Kawser Wazed Nafi and Bikash Chandra Kormokar, “A Newer Secure Communication, File Encryption and User Identification Based Cloud Security Architecture”, International Journal of Computer Applications, 52(4):14-30, August 2012. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, USA.
- Bikash Chandra Karmokar, M. A. Parvez Mahmud, Md. Kibria Siddiquee, Kawser Wazed Nafi, Tonny Shekha Kar, “Touchless Written English Characters Recognition using Neural Network”, International Journal of Computer & Organization Trends –Volume2Issue3- 2012.
VII. Mentionable Projects:
- Intelligent Touch Less Writer Using Neural Network:
- It’s an approach to write and an intelligent approach to recognize characters. Here, the inputs of Bengali or English characters have been taken by touch less fashion i.e. by sensing specific color object with a moving hand tracking in front of a webcam. Then they have been recognized by efficient Artificial Neural Network. Like the application of other traditional computer input devices such as mouse or keyboard, it can be extended to write and recognize sentences by adding characters one by one to the text editor.
- Platform: C#.NET
- Sign Recognition Software Using Neural Network:
- This software can recognize signs of deaf and mute people and can interpret to specific English or Bengali character. Signs are recognized using Neural Network Ensemble.
- Platform: C#.NET
- PC to Mobile Chatting Using Bluetooth Technology:
- This software has two parts: mobile and pc. Users can chat from his mobile to the pc within Bluetooth range by using this software.
- Platform: Java Standard Edition and Micro Edition
- A Social Networking Site Like Facebook
- This website was made for providing a Facebook like environment in the varsity’s LAN connection. Special attempts were taken to provide most of the facilities of Facebook in this site.
- Platform: C#, ASP.NET, MSSQL
- Fighter Controller Training Unit (FCTU) Simulator of Bangladesh Air Force
- This Simulator supports the simulation of both hostile forces and friendly fighter aircraft. Aircraft can be equipped with a variety of air-to-air radar, weapons and fuel loads and can be assigned targeting, mission and engagement behaviors. Aircraft with on-board radar capability can be defined and these aircraft will be able to track hostile aircraft and provide target details to the weapons systems. It has fuel characteristic defined for an aircraft type to generate fuel warning and fuel emergency prompts. Fighter control system has facilities for target allocation which enables a fighter or group of fighters to be allocated a target. A fighter is eligible to enter a predefined route. A number of target engagements are supported. When the target is within range, detection system is provided. ECM Jammer is also used in this simulator. Radar display consist of OpenStreetMap for the better understanding of the positioning system. Simulator provides a voice chat system for communication between the pilots or trainee students. In fine it is the ultimate training solution for the newbie.
- Platform: Java Standard Edition, Java 2D
- Other Developed Projects:
- Bengali editor like notepad, Voice controlled computer, Mouse control using webcam and colored marker, Download manager, File transfer system over a computer network, English to Bengali Dictionary etc.
- Programming: C, C++, C#, ASP.NET, JAVA, ANDROID,
- Database Management Systems: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle, MySQL,
- Graphics: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows7, Fedora, Linux Mint, Debian.
- Familiar with Latex tool.
- IDE Experience: Microsoft visual C++, Code Blocks, Netbeans, Eclips, Visual Studio 2010, 2012
IX. Working Experiences
- Worked in XCIDO LIMITED from July 2012 to December 2012 as an ASP.NET web developer.
- Working in HI-TECH BANGLA from January 2013 to present as a JAVA developer.
X. Special Skills
- Fluent in Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening in English
- Hard working, result oriented, flexible, quick learner, can adapt with multicultural environment, innovative in nature
- Deep Enthusiasm in research oriented work
XI. Awards and Achievements
- Most Creative Project award in varsity project fair in 2011
- University scholarship for excellent result in last two years
- Board scholarship for excellent result in Secondary School Certificate
- Junior scholarship in class Eight
XII. Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular Activities
- Coached juniors on Basic Programming arranged by Department of CSE, KUET
- Acted as a resource person in C# and Java coaching programs
- Attended several programming contest events in KUET
- Presented seminars on different topics as a part of academic courses
- Acted as a General Secretary of Association of Rajshahi Kueti@ns (ARK), KUET
References (with permission)
Dr. KAZI MD. ROKIBUL ALAM
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET), Khulna, Bangladesh